Combining old-age and other pensions with work
3 listopada 2016
Retired persons have the right to combine their old-age pension with remuneration for work with no restrictions if they:
- have reached the statutory retirement age and
- have terminated their employment relationship concluded before acquiring the right to an old-age pension.
Pension payment is suspended regardless of the amount of income derived from employment continued with the same employer without terminating the employment relationship upon retirement. This regulation applies to pensioners who had acquired their old-age pension entitlement as of 1 January 2011 and have not terminated their employment relationship upon retirement. The retired persons who have terminated their employment relationship may later sign a new employment contract with the same employer without losing their old-age pension enti tlement.
Certain restrictions concerning benefits combination with incomes from work relate to:
- old-age pensions of persons who had been awarded their pensions before reaching the statutory retirement age,
- other pensions.
These persons are entitled to receive a pension in an amount dependent on acquired incomes.
If the average monthly income equals:
- less than 70% of average monthly remuneration – the pension is payable in the full amount,
- from 70% to 130% of the average monthly remuneration – the pension is reduced by such an amount so as the received income does not exceed 70% of the average monthly remuneration, however by not more than the amount of the maximum reduction as fixed for a given type of pension,
- more than 130% of the average monthly remunerati on – the pension is suspended.
In 2016 the annual income ceiling1, corresponding to 70% of the average monthly remuneration, amounted to PLN 34,054.40 and the annual ceiling corresponding to 130% of the average monthly remuneration amounted to PLN 63,243.30.
1 Income resulting in a suspension of payment or a reduction of benefit – is accounted for on a monthly or annual basis.
(Note: 1 EUR = ca 4.26 PLN)