Combining pensions with employment
26 maja 2021
Pensioners have the right to combine their old-age pension with remuneration for work with no restrictions if they meet both of the following conditions:
- have reached the normal retirement age, and
- have terminated their employment relationship before acquiring the right to an old-age pension.
ZUS suspends payment of the old-age pension if the insured person has acquired the right to the benefit and continues to work for the same employer without terminating the employment relationship. Such a person may terminate his/her employment relationship and then become reemployed with the existing employer (on the basis of a new employment contract) – then he/she will not lose the right to receive the old-age pension.
Restrictions concerning benefits combination with incomes from work relate to:
- old-age pension recipients who have not yet reached the normal retirement age,
- recipients of other pensions.
Their right to receive a pension depends on income acquired by the pensioner.
If the average monthly income equals:
- less than 70% of average monthly remuneration – the pension is payable in full amount,
- from 70% to 130% of the average monthly remuneration – the pension is reduced by such amount by which the received income exceeds 70% of the average monthly remuneration, however by no more than the amount of the maximum reduction as fixed for a given type of pension,
- more than 130% of the average monthly remuneration – the pension is suspended.
In 2020, the annual income limit, corresponding to 70% of the average monthly wage/salary, was PLN 43,187.90. The annual limit, corresponding to 130% of the average monthly wage/salary, was PLN 80,205.20.